Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Greek for a Purpose

God worked in my life in a miraculous way while I was at Greek Conference. To be honest, I never intended to participate in Greek life. It was not something that anyone ever talked about in my house. My joining a sorority occurred out of nowhere really. One day I was talking to one of my teachers about emails I had been getting about becoming Greek. We talked for a while. After our conversation and a long time spent in prayer, I sent in an application for fall rush. I think it has truly been one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had.

For Greek conference, I went with Greek Intervarsity from UGA; and there I found out why God wanted me to join a sorority. He put in my heart during that week of conference the desire to see my sisters have a genuine relationship with God. This opportunity God put me in front of was something I had been thinking about for a while, but never knew how to go about it. Well, God made it happen. I started a Bible Study in my sorority just recently and God has worked in an amazing way. He has helped me to grow in my own spiritual walk and have an impact on my sisters. I find it an honor that I was able to attend Greek Conference. It was there that I found what God wanted me to do the next four years of my life.

By Kathy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment